Shellsea is a jewel fish and a cheerleader at Freshwater High. She is best friends with Bea. She loves fashion, taking "disco naps", and enjoys shopping, dancing and seeing who is less attractive than her in the yearbook.
Shellsea is very independent, focused and always speaks her mind, and can be mean. She also seems to dislike Oscar. She is a fashion diva and when Bea is not hanging out with Milo and Oscar, she always makes time for her friends. Like Bea, Shellsea has interest in the drama club. Shellsea enjoys dancing and listening to hot tunes. She also enjoys putting on makeup or lipstick from her white purse.
She had her most major role when Bea was about to do a girls party. Shellsea was bringing cupcakes. When Milo wanted to go to the party, Shellsea told him that sometimes girls like to get together and have fun. When Milo still begged, Shellsea said she's watching him, with her fish eyes. Shellsea and the girls went to Bea's party and when Clamantha suggested to paint her nails, Shellsea pointed out that none of them has nails. When Milo and Oscar came disguised as girls, Shellsea thought they looked ugly. Bea and Shellsea noticed it was Milo and Oscar the first time they saw them in their costumes. Shellsea thought they were spying on them and instead of Bea telling Milo and Oscar to leave, Shellsea tells her that since they are trying to ruin their party, they should ruin theirs. At first Bea disagrees, but later does it. Bea and Shellsea then tortured them and sang Eat Dip. When Oscar admits they're boys, Bea says they already knew. Milo and Oscar told Bea that they thought they were gonna lose her and Shellsea said that who knew boys could be so sweet when they told them they got through all of that for Bea.
Bea and Shellsea are the best of friends. Shellsea gives her tips or advice and is seen with Bea everywhere, except when Bea is having an adventure with Milo or Oscar. They both have a lot in common and Shellsea is always there for Bea when she needs her. Shellsea also helped Bea when she tried to be "queen of the dance" by calling her to the Student Council's and letting her see herself with her mirror ("Queen Bea"). Shellsea and Bea usually talk about dating, boys and "girl stuff". Shellsea gave Bea the shoulder pads, shoes and makeup to make her look like an adult ("Bea Becomes an Adult Fish").They are like sisters
Shellsea knows Milo, but doesn't hang out with him much. But since Milo is Bea's friend, Shellsea may be just "friends" with him, though Shellsea tortured them for sneaking to their party ("Fish Sleepover Party"). Shellsea was part of the Fishgiving play to help Milo study, but didn't succeed ("Fail Fish"). Like the other students, Shellsea enjoyed Milo's entrance in the class with the eel ("Fish Out of Water").
Like Milo, Oscar and Shellsea's relationship is unknown. She suggested torturing him along with Milo for breaking into the party ("Fish Sleepover Party"). But Shellsea liked Oscar's sense of humor ("Funny Fish") and "aww'ed" when he told Bea he'd miss her ("Bea Becomes an Adult Fish"). Also, Oscar mentions that Shellsea talks about him behind his back ("Halloween Haul"). Shellsea got paired up with Oscar for a project ("Fuddy Duddy Study Buddy")
|The image gallery for Shellsea may be viewed here.|
- Her name is pun on "shell" and "Chelsea".
- She is voiced by Kari Wahlgren.
- Shellsea's biggest role was in Fish Sleepover Party
- She talks in a slow, valley-girish voice.
- Unlike Piranhica, Shellsea is never seen without her handbag.
- It is unknown whether she lives with Koi as shown in "Fishing For Compliments: The Albert Glass Story".
- Her yearbook picture has her putting on lipstick.
- She thought Milo and Oscar looked disgusting with their girl costumes ("Fish Sleepover Party").
- She was dating Steve Jackson, one of the most popular fish in her class ("Doris Flores Gorgeous").
- She seems to be a fan of football and has "fish eyes".
- She seems to get angry when someone is poking her as evidenced in "Parasite Fright".
- She gets angry when one of her friends date an enemy like when she gets angry at Bea for "dating" Randy ("Diary of a Lost Fish")
- She likes lotions ("Diary of a Lost Fish")
- Sometimes after Shellsea speaks, it shows a close-up picture with a more detailed face and background singers singing "Come on!", as seen in "Fishing for Compliments: The Albert Glass Story", when she gave Bea the bag with handcuffs
- Shellsea thinks cattlefish smell like farts.
- She doesn't like board games.
- Shellsea owns her own clubhouse, as shown in Fudddy Duddy Study Buddy.
- She may have a dislike/hatred for Milo. In Bea Dates Milo, when she hears from Bea that Milo's relationship with Pamela Hamster is over and that Milo thinks he likes Bea now, Shellsea says she should "dump" Milo, and she wants to watch her do it.
- Also, in Parasite Fright, when Milo pokes his finger in her face to see if Shellsea was possessed by a fish brain parasite, she said she was going to pretend that he didn't stick his finger in her face.
- In Rock Lobster Yeti, when everyone believes that Milo is captured and eaten by the yeti, Shellsea simply remarks "Better save the leftovers."
- Shellsea may have dislike Milo in Season 1, but this could be toned down in Season 2.
- Her last name might be Jewelerson.
- She hates ants. ("Live at the Hamsterwood Bowl")